Thursday, March 1, 2007

Your Windows show a "Low disk space" warning again!?

Sometimes you get tired of these warnings, and this is one that most of the people will gladly disable. But for that you need to go editing registry of your operating system. On the Downloadsquad website you'll find the line below like an alternative to registrar editing. Just copy the line and paste it in a command prompt. (To open a command prompt you need to type cmd in Run dialog box, to show this dialog box type Window key + R).
 
regini HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks" = REG_DWORD 1
But this warning i find sometimes useful. I start to download a little bigger file, and may be I do not have enough space on the disk, and this warning will make me find some space before the downloading process is finished or download the file on a different drive. So it is your choice to disable the warning. I didn't do it on my computer, because it shows not so often, and it still appears useful to me.

No comments: